Applicants are now invited to apply for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program Autumn 2020 session at Stanford University, US!
Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including the DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and PhD programs, as well as joint- and dual-degrees. Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world.
The program provides Leadership Development, Mentorship and Experiential Learning opportunities. As a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, the candidates will develop both the depth and range of subject expertise to confront the numerous grand challenges and opportunities of the future. They will be part of a unique community of change agents from a diverse range of backgrounds. This is a community that will support, motivate, and hold them accountable for achieving their goals even when the odds of success seem likely against them.
There’s neither a typical Stanford student nor one ideal Knight-Hennessy Scholar. They are seeking Scholars who can out-think, out-work, and out-care others.
It is to be noted with great importance that to be selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, one must apply separately to the Stanford graduate degree program he/she wishes to pursue in addition to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program. The candidate cannot be selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar if the department doesn’t admit him/her.
Therefore, the candidate should check each department’s website for a sense of what it seeks in candidates. For Knight-Hennessy Scholars, three areas are primarily looked at:
1. Independence of Thought
2. Purposeful Leadership
3. Civic Mindset
- Applications are encouraged from citizens of all countries. That’s natural since Knight-Hennessy Scholars are expected to have global impact.
- One is eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if he/she is applying to enroll in any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or PhD) or if he/she plans on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint and dual graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS)
- One eligible to apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars if he/she applies during his/her final year of study for his/her first/bachelor’s degree or within five years of earning his/her first/bachelor’s degree. For the cohort that applies in 2019, that means one must have graduated in January 2014 through September 2020 to enroll at Stanford in September 2020
- If the applicant is still in college studying for his/her first/bachelor’s degree, he/she is eligible to apply as long as he/she completes his/her first/bachelor’s degree before he/she enrolls as a graduate student at Stanford.
- If the applicant has earned a graduate degree, he/she remains eligible to apply in 2019 as long as he/she earned his/her first/bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later.
Eligible Countries: Open for all
The education of Knight-Hennessy Scholars is fully funded for any graduate degree at Stanford. During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition (commensurate with the standard departmental level of enrollment) and associated fees, and
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses), and
- a travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
In addition to these
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavours (e.g. conference travel).
- If one engages in optional research projects during the summer, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program can provide summer funding.
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars pursuing positive impact through social entrepreneurship may be eligible to apply for seed funding.
To Apply: Click Here
For further information; Click Here
Deadline: October 9, 2019