The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) invites applicants for its Fifth Writing Semester, which will commence from 3 February to 31 May 2020.
JIAS Writing Fellows enjoy a quiet space for work, reflection and academic community-building amidst the Melville Koppies of Johannesburg.
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) is a joint initiative of the University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa, and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Its purpose is to promote advanced research in the humanities and natural sciences, beyond the regular teaching and research activities at institutions of higher learning. JIAS is the first fully fledged institute of advanced learning in Gauteng, South Africa’s political and economic heartland.
- Open to any field of expertise. Previous fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists. Please note that if successful, they urge that you keep your scholarly commitments outside of JIAS to a minimum.
Each Writing Fellow will receive:
- Accommodation in the private residential suites at JIAS;
- Daily breakfast and lunch;
- Access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg; AND
- A monthly stipend which will be taxable.
A two-page proposal, a comprehensive CV, and three letters of reference before 30 June 2019. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.
To Apply: Click Here
For further information; Click Here
Deadline: June 30, 2019