The purpose of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
The scholarship was established as part of the celebration of 30 years of female students at Hatfield College, Durham University, and is funded by alumni, college friends, and other sources that support the goals of the scholarship.
The Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s program and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep Congo, Rep. Côte, d’Ivoire, Djibouti, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Kenya, Kiribati Korea, Dem. People’s Rep, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. , Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- The stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application, you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship on this Application form.
To Apply :Click Here
For further information; Click Here
Deadline: April 30, 2019