In partnership with One Young World, Queen’s Commonwealth Trust provides scholarships to attend The One Young World 2019 in London.
The Commonwealth is a family of nations and peoples built around shared language, institutions, challenges, aspirations and values. With a combined population of 2.4 billion, the 53 Commonwealth countries are home to nearly 1/3 of the world’s population, 60 percent of whom are under 30. From Antigua & Barbuda to Zambia, young people across the Commonwealth are at the forefront of positive change in their communities, countries, and the wider world.
One Young World is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust to connect young leaders driving positive social impact in the Commonwealth with the opportunity to attend One Young World conference in 2019.
The scholarship in particular seeks to support young leaders who are active in one of the following areas:
- Achieving change through sport
- Preserving and protecting the environment
- Creating healthier communities
- Increasing access to quality education
The Selection Process:
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- They cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the selection process.
- They do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
About The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust:
The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust is a charity that exists to champion, fund and connect young leaders around the world who are serving their communities, providing solutions to problems and offering hope, employment opportunities and self-employment to others. The Trust, of which Her Majesty the Queen is Patron, The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry is President and The Duchess of Sussex is Vice-President, shares the stories of young leaders, amplifies their ideas and inspires others to join in. It provides small grants to founders of social purpose ventures and supports young leaders with the resources and networks they need to succeed.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change in at least one of the following areas:
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed in the eligible region.
Eligible Regions: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji Islands, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, The Bahamas, The Gambia, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Zambia
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
- Apply online through the given link.
- Tips for applying: check out the helpful guidelines for submitting a successful application from the official link.
To Apply: Click Here
For further information: Click Here
Application Deadline: May 5, 2019