The 2019 Africa Netpreneur Prize is now open for applications. Jack Ma’s flagship entrepreneur program in Africa led by the Jack Ma Foundation is the Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative. Jack Ma’s flagship project seeking to support African entrepreneurs by awarding 10 entrepreneurs each year with a $1 M grant over the next 10 years.
Their mission is to identify and highlight heroes of African entrepreneurs and their stories to inspire the continent and beyond. All ten finalists will receive grant funding from the Jack Ma Foundation, as well as access to African business leaders ‘ Netpreneur community to leverage shared community expertise, best practices, and resources.
- Open to entrepreneurs who are nationals from any of the 54 African countries
- Entrepreneurs of any age, gender, and sector are encouraged to apply.
- Open to all industry sectors
- Strongly encourage young people and female entrepreneurs to apply
Prize and Benefits
- The Prize will host a grand finale pitch competition in Africa where ten finalists from across the continent will compete for a share of US$1 million in total grant prize money.
- Make it to the grand finale and you’ll have your shot to pitch your story to Jack and the rest of the judges.
- Key activities and dates for the prize are:
- Applications Launch: 27th March 2019
- Deadline for applications: 30th June 2019
- Announcement of the top 50 regional finalists: August 2019
- Announcement of the final 10 finalists: October 2019
- Grand Finale pitch event: November 2019
To Apply: Click Here
For further information;visit Official Link
Deadline: June 30, 2019