Arab Women Agricultural Leaders (AWLA) Fellowship 2019. The AWLA Fellowship is a capacity building program aimed at developing women researchers who can have a positive impact on their workplaces, communities and countries.
In collaboration with the Islamic Development Bank, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other organizations, ICBA’s AWLA represents the first year-long research and leadership development fellowship specific to agricultural research. The program is designed to bring together women researchers from different countries to drive positive change towards prosperity in agriculture, while addressing the challenges they face in the progress of their careers.
Towards “Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. Resolution 70/1 of the United Nations General Assembly. AWLA, aspires to contribute to the achievement of the following UN Sustainable Development Goals: SDG 5: Gender Equality, SDG 13: Climate Action, SDG 15 Life on Land and SDG 17 Partnerships for the Goals.
- Facilitate fellows’ access to leadership roles and promote research excellence and impact;
- Encourage gender responsive working cultures and enabling environments.
- Provide Arab women researchers with platforms to demonstrate their intellect, capability and contribution.
AWLA First Cycle Theme
Awla’s theme in its first cycle is about “The role of women in agriculture prosperity“. Opening doors for Arab women researchers to strengthen their intellectual collaboration by exchanging ideas, good practices and stories on the difference women can make in agriculture.
- Open to Arab women researchers from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia;
- Applicants must be available to travel and in possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond December 2020;
- Passionate about innovation and R&D in agriculture, food security and nutrition;
- Commitment to making positive change in their local communities and beyond, preferably with a good track record in research and development work;
- Respect for diversity;
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams;
- Strong academic record, holders of master’s and/or Ph.D. degrees;
- In their mid-career; preferably more than 10 years of professional experience;
- English language proficiency; to understand and participate in all aspects of the fellowship.
As an AWLA Fellow, applicants will
- Boost their skills and knowledge through various channels of structured and applied learning: spot-on leadership and research and development training, coaching and mentoring to guide their career development and learning.
- Work on team-based capstone projects to initiate collaborative solutions for driving positive change in agriculture.
- Access information and tools needed to acquire funding for applied research projects.
- Experience different cultures through learning to work with others across boundaries of place and culture.
- Expand their knowledge on relevant research and development topics in different parts of the MENA region.
- Raise awareness about organizational gender dynamics, shift attitudes around gender perceptions and take part in the transformation of a gender responsive culture and inclusive and enabling environment.
- Join in the establishment of the first regional R&D forum to address the region’s pressing challenges in R&D, and the first network platform of Arab Women Researchers within and across disciplines.
To Apply : Click Here
Official Link: Click Here
Deadline: April 15, 2019