Students seeking real – world communication and experience in public relations are encouraged to apply with the American Public Health Association for the communications internship.
APHA’s internal communications will be able to produce press materials, news articles, blog posts and other materials that support the Association’s communications efforts.
The Communications Department of APHA provides qualified students with one summer internship and combined journalism / communication internships during the fall and spring semesters.
Communications interns support ongoing communication efforts by assisting with media relations, marketing, communication strategy, and planning, as well as producing and planning content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube from APHA.
It also includes communications support for the National Public Health Week, the Annual Meeting of APHA and the Get Ready campaign of APHA, and blog writing for PublicHealthNewswire.org.
Practitioners may be able to help The Nation’s Health by writing news stories. All interns of APHA also work on the Get Ready campaign of the Association, write blog posts and work on group projects every semester.
Department of Communications has the opportunity to promote the public health message of the Association and support communications activities related to advocacy, public health issues, events and more.
Field of Internship: Communication
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: American Public Health Association (APHA)
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Length of Assignment: 2-3 months
Opportunities for internships are available year-round and last for a three- to four-month period.
To assure that the intern maximizes her or his experience, they require that students work a minimum of four days a week.
Notification: Not given
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? All APHA internships are unpaid and located in Washington, D.C. Start and end times are negotiable.
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- Experience with media relations, public relations, AP style writing, strategic communications, and social media is a plus, as is prior writing experience and a willingness to learn
Related: Smithsonian Gardens Internship 2019
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to register online.
Applicants who meet the requirements and are interested in being considered for this internship should upload the following information:
- Cover letter, indicating your specific area(s) of interest and expertise, what you hope to gain from an APHA internship, why you would like to intern at APHA and your availability and schedule
- Two writing samples, 1-2 pages each (published or from schoolwork)
- Three references (supply names, email addresses and phone numbers of three individuals who know you well enough to discuss your qualifications, e.g., an employer or professor).
- If you are uploading a pdf document, the document needs to be a file that was created and can be manipulated and converted in order to upload.
Internship application deadline is open until filled.
To Apply for APHA Communications Summer Internship :Click Here