Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence. Moreover, their vision is to be a world-leading capital university and one of the great global-civic universities.
The Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship was established in 2013, via the Victoria University Foundation, through a bequest made by John Drake, in memory of his wife, Therle. Also, the scholarship will be available annually.
The scholarship is for postgraduate classical performance overseas study as well as application should be made in the year for which the project is planned . Furthermore, while the terms of the bequest are that preference be given to a piano student, other applicants will be considered.
- This scholarship is open to NZ citizens, permanent residents and international students
- Also, The project will normally involve the student attending a short course (up to four weeks), or attending and/or participating in concerts and/or masterclasses in Europe, North America or Australia.
- The project should be complementary to the current postgraduate course of study at the NZSM and create minimal disruption to any structured course work.
- Also, The scholarship is open to both domestic and international students.
Applicants should provide the following supporting documentation:
- A letter outlining the project and its benefit to applicants career plans.
- Also, A detailed budget.
- Copies of any communication with the host person(s) or organisation(s) overseas.
- Also, A supporting statement from an academic.
Benefits:Approximately $12,000, subject to funds available for one year
Application Procedure: Click Here
Deadline: 31 March,2019