Democracy International Graduate Student Internships (DI) give motivated students unique opportunities to learn from their innovative global work and expertise in international development.
DI’ regularly host interns with a variety of backgrounds who are passionate about democratic development, international politics, human rights, peacebuilding and government.
The internship is a paid program in Bethesda, Maryland (accessible by metro) and is between 20-24 hours a week. DI is an employer with equal opportunities.
DI provides the U.S. with technical assistance, analytical services, and project implementation for programs worldwide for democracy, human rights, governance, and conflict mitigation. International Development Agency (USAID), the United States. Department of State and other partners in development.
Democracy International has been working with civil society organizations, political parties, election management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, institutions in the justice sector, and others in 70 countries since its foundation in 2003.
The intern will provide programmatic and administrative support by performing the following duties:
- Researching about politics, governance, and elections in foreign countries
- Report writing and editing
- Preparing proposals and budgets
- Reconciling expenses
- Assisting with office administration
- Managing logistics for foreign travel
- Communicating with overseas consultants and staff members
- Attending lectures and other events
Field of Internship: Internship is available for the graduate program
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Democracy International (DI)
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: 20-24 hours per week.
Notification: Not given
Internship Open for International Students: Yes
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Efficiency and attention to detail
- Coursework/demonstrated an interest in international affairs, area studies, comparative
- politics or international development
- Commitment to democracy and human rights
- Ability to work in a small office with other staff members on multiple, simultaneous
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Coursework in Statistics and/or Accounting desirable
- Foreign language skills and international experience a plus
How to Apply: To participate, you will need to apply online.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States at the time of application.
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.
To Apply for Democracy International Graduate Student Internships: Click Here