Applications are open for the 2020 Scholarship Program of the Mandela Rhodes Foundation. The Scholarship provides full funding in recognized South African institutions for up to a maximum of two years of postgraduate study for an African citizen.
The Scholarship Program is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high – quality Leadership Development Program to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
The MRF Leadership Development Program is made up of the following three components.
- Three residential Workshops
- Three Regional group Pods
- Second Year Program
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries and is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions;
- Full funding is for Honors (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded);
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply;
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2020;
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results and reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship;
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our leadership development program. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
- Round 1: Applications reviewed by South African tertiary institutions and the Mandela Rhodes Foundation (alumni reviewers). By end June 2019, all applicants to be informed by universities and/or the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage.
- Round 2: Reviews by designated Mandela Rhodes Foundation staff. By the end of July 2019, remaining applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage.
- Round 3: Reviews by designated Mandela Rhodes Foundation staff. By end of August 2019, remaining applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage.
- Final round: Panel interviews with Selection Committees in October. By end of October 2019, panel interviewed applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not they have been selected as Mandela Rhodes Scholars.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
To Apply for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship; Click Here