The Media Intern is part of the UWC-USA short course: Global Leadership Forum that will provide current or rising media professionals with the unique opportunity to tell the stories of young international youth in a dramatic and beautiful landscape while tackling meaningful problems. They will work in collaboration with the GLF Director to document the stories and events of the 2019 GLF summer program. The qualified candidate is able to internalize and model the UWC mission and core values, participate in a positive and inclusive environment, and maintain professional boundaries between participants and staff. Media Interns will develop a library of digital and marketing materials for the program and website, as well as assist GLF participants with their community project action plans.
Current or graduating Video & Photography high school student is eligible to apply. Throughout the workshops and activities on campus, off campus, and in the wilderness, applicants must engage with participants. They are also required to create materials that will contribute to the redesign plan of the website, create a Certificate of Completion for participants, create materials for outreach, promotion and marketing using Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites (such as SnapChat and Blogs) and compile and organize photography and video created by all participants and staff to be used and distributed for the website.
Take high-quality photographs and videos of staff and participants during staff training and the summer program as well as of all programming components and activities during the summer program are also the intern’s responsibility.
- Deadline to apply May 3, 2019
- Staff Training June 19 – June 29, 2019
- GLF Program June 30 – July 20, 2019
Preferred Qualities are ability to work well in a team, excellent communication skill, Mature, flexible, adaptable, dependable, and respectful within a diverse community, bilingual in English and one other language.
Responsibilities & Qualification:
- Engage with the participants throughout the workshops and activities on campus, off campus, and in the wilderness
- Create materials that will contribute to the website redesign plan
- Create a Certificate of Completion for participants
- Participate in 2-3 hikes and 3 days / 2 nights of camping
- Current or graduating High School student Video & Photography
- Take high-quality photographs and videos of staff and participants during staff training and the summer program
- Take high-quality photographs and video of all programming components and activities during the summer program
- Develop a weekly one-minute recap of the camp and participants
- Create materials for outreach, promotion, and marketing using Facebook, Instagram, and other social media venues (e.g. SnapChat and Blogs)
- Lead and assist GLF participants in the creation of any digital media projects
- Compile and organize all participant and staff created photography and video to be use and distributed for the 2018 cohort Social Media
- Manage GLF Facebook account during GLF Staff training and summer program
- Post updates, news, pictures, and videos highlighting the program and staff training on the GLF Facebook page
- Create innovative social media quick-clips, showcasing the dynamic beauty of New Mexico
- Research online activity of exemplar camps and summer programs
- Report to Director on social media best practices for exemplar camps and summer programs
- Create a social media marketing and communications template plan for 2019 summer programming
- Lodging and Meals
- Transportation during GLF program
- Temporary Health Insurance (for non-US residents only)
How To Apply:
Submit the following to Jason Brewer, GLF Director at email@example.com by May 3 by 5PM MST:
- A letter of intent explaining applicant’s interest in being the GLF Media Intern (250 – 500 words).
- A reel or a collection of links to applicant’s media work. Both video and still shots, if possible.
- Two references listed. Please include their full name, title, relationship to applicant, email address and phone number.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019