Spend your future summer work. To start with a simple internship, it sounds like a pretty big deal, isn’t it? But Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is looking for dreamers, inventors, rebels, risk – takers, and pioneers from the next generation.
The Systems Engineering Internship Summer 2019 is a 3-month full – time program open to all students studying in the field of electrical engineering or computer engineering for a master’s degree.
Working at Qualcomm may be the closest time travel experience you get. You’re not just going to work in writing code lines in a laboratory. In order to help define and build what’s next for mobility and the world, their interns join world – class teams.
Qualcomm will make sure you have fun outside of work with weekend surf lessons & beach days, networking opportunities with Qualcomm executives and professionals, company-wide mentorship program platform, overnight hackathon, community service opportunities, and so much more…
Certain program offerings are only available in certain office locations or to those who qualify based on pre-determined criteria. Specific benefits provided for given roles and locations will be detailed at the time of offer. All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams and in the Company.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Engineering – Systems
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Corporate Research & Development
Internship can be taken in the U.S. (Locations: California – San Diego, California – Bay Area, California – Irvine, Colorado – Boulder, Massachusetts – Boxborough, Michigan – Auburn Hills, New Jersey – Bridgewater, North Carolina – Raleigh, Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, Texas – Austin, and Arizona – Chandler.)
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Full-time, 3 months. (May-Sept 2019)
Notification: Not given
To be eligible, applicants must:
- In study towards a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Must be available for at least 3 months. (May-Sept 2019)
- Coursework or project experience in communication theory, signal processing, error correcting codes, information theory, probability, and random processes, digital communications, DSP.
- Proficient to expert programming ability in C/C++, Perl, and Matlab
- Knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing (DSP) as well a solid background in cellular communication systems across layers.
- Knowledge and/or applicable experience in MIMO, OFDM, CDMA.
- Experience with wireless standards (4G LTE, 5G NR, mmWave, IOT, C-V2X, Bluetooth, WLAN, etc.)
In addition to competitive pay and accrued vacation time, you will receive full relocation coverage and furnished housing accommodations for the duration of your internship
Applicants will be paired with a mentor with visibility to your project and team, receive support from your manager and have access to the entire Qualcomm employee community to ensure your success.
- You have the opportunity to push the boundaries of what exists and establish the new standards for tomorrow.
- You will work as an equal contributor on a team of leading engineers to innovate on CDMA Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) and architect, analyze and simulate cutting-edge, next-generation wireless networks.
- You will leverage your advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering to characterize and improve the performance of networks for voice, packet data, video telephony, and video streaming services while identifying functionality for which minimum performance requirements should exist.
- You may take the lead on generating and consolidating performance requirements data and conducting analysis and evaluation of critical performance metrics for 4G and 5G wireless platforms.
Potential Project Responsibilities & Technologies:
- Wireless Modem ASIC Systems
- Physical Layer Systems Design
- Audio/Video/Graphics Multimedia
- MAC Layer Systems Design
- Digital Signal Processing
- OFDM Development
Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.
How to Apply: To apply, you will need to login into your profile to apply for this job. If you are a new user, click here to create a profile.
To Apply CLICK HERE