Applications for the 2019 Zawadi Africa Education Fund for Female Africans Undergraduate Scholarship are now open. The scholarship supports gifted girls from Africa’s disadvantaged background in higher education in the United States.
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a leadership development program that provides academically talented but financially disadvantaged African girls with university scholarships and leadership development and life skills training in order to develop a pipeline of young African women leaders.
Zawadi Africa was formed in the belief that, together with world-class education and the development of the right character, these young African women will be able to return to their home countries empowered and equipped with the skills necessary to have a significant, positive impact on their communities in a continent where women have traditionally not had a voice in the development of their community.
- Applicant must be a girl who has completed her secondary school examination e.g. The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE);
- Has demonstrated academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus);
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.);
- Has overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) etc. in order to attain academic excellence;
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background;
- Has demonstrated clear financial need.
Applicants should download the application for their country below: