Rotary funds some of the most dedicated and brightest leaders in the world to study at Rotary Peace Centers every year. Rotary Peace Fellows become catalysts for peace and development through training, study and practice. Many continue their careers with governments, non-governmental organizations, the military, law enforcement and international organizations such as the United Nations and World Bank.
Applications are now being accepted for the Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2020-21. The deadline for applications to be submitted to their district is 31 May. The districts must submit applications approved by 1 July to the Rotary Foundation. Review instructions for district endorsement.
• Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
• International Christian University, Japan
• University of Bradford, England
• University of Queensland, Australia
• Uppsala University, Sweden
• Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (certificate program)
Please Note: Fellowship recipients may not study at a Rotary Peace Center in their home country, with the exception of candidates from Thailand, who may attend the center at Chulalongkorn University.
Level/Field of study:
Professional Development Certificate Program or Masters Degree Program in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
Anyone endorsed by their local Rotary District.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree and 50 for certificate studies are awarded each year.
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
• Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
• Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
• Excellent leadership skills
• Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
• Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
To participate in the eligibility quiz, CLICK HERE
The deadline for candidates to submit applications to their respective Rotary district is 31 May. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
It is important to read the complete application instructions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2019 (annual)
Study in: USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Thailand
Course starts 2020
To get more information about the fellowship visit the Official Scholarship Website: Click Here