The Halcyon Incubator Autumn 2019 Fellowship application is now open! The Halcyon Incubator program provides early-stage entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures and change the world. The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving the challenges of the 21st century throughout the nation and the world.
Halcyon Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes by helping social entrepreneurs transform bold ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. Maybe it’s the world’s most immersive incubator focusing on social impact and profit.
A diverse cohort of fellows receives free residence and workspace, mentoring and leadership during this 18-month fellowship. Also robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality.
Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
Residency (5 months): Fellows live and work at the Halcyon Incubator with unfettered access to expert guidance. They also participate in core programming that includes pitch sessions, a skill development series and other events, ultimately taking part in a “Demo Day” in front of partners and investors.
Post-Residency (13 months): Fellows continue to work at the Halcyon Incubator, with free access to all resources to further build their networks, secure funding, and grow their venture.
- Applicant(s) must submit the application by the specified deadline.
- Applicant(s) must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program.
- Applicant(s) must be fluent in English.
- The venture must be the original idea of the applicant(s).
- The venture must be in start-up idea, MVP, or pilot phase.
- The venture must have less than $500,000 annual revenue.
- The venture must be independent and autonomous. Ventures cannot be considered independent or autonomous if they were started under the direction of an existing organization.
- Applicant(s) must be able to make a full-time commitment to the venture’s development during the first twelve months of the fellowship.
- Applicant(s) who will be enrolled in a college or university during the time of the fellowship are not eligible.Applicant(s) must have legal work status in the United States or be able to obtain a visa for the Residency and Post-Residency phases.
- Applicant(s) must complete the entire online application and submit it and all required documents before the closing date.
- Partnerships (ventures co-founded and led by two individuals) may apply as long as both founders meet the above eligibility requirements.
- Ventures may be for-profit, hybrid, or undecided, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change. Ventures structured as ‘non-profit’ will only be considered if they have a product or service they are selling, and that have a business model at their core.
- A $10,000 grant per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Strategic Venture Resources phase–The Halcyon Incubator has partnered with some of the leading companies in the community to advise and directly support the ventures of the fellows.
- During the course of the program, fellows receive more than 1,000 hours (in total) of: strategy and operational consulting provided by Deloitte Legal and business advice through Arnold and Porter.
- Technical advice and hosting credits through one-on – one executive coaching provided by Amazon Web Services in partnership with the HR Sage World Class Network of Mentors and Advisors–The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around fellows by bringing together a robust network of experienced entrepreneurs, changers and leaders across sectors.
- Each venture is coupled with an experienced, field-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance and support during the residency phase. Select dinners and events involve fellows with a robust network of supporters, advisors and potential funders.
- Critical Audiences – The program helps fellows gain exposure for their ventures to support their long-term sustainability. The Halcyon Incubator provides fellows:
Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters during a formal debut at Kick-Off, an event at the beginning of the Residency Phase
- Access to potential funders, investors, and partners during the Halcyon Showcase, an event at the end of the Residency Phase
Access to key community figures and innovators at conferences and other events
Deadline: April 4, 2019
Application: Click Here
For further info visit: Halcyon