Applications for the 2019 GCED Youth Leadership Workshop at UNESCO / APCEIU are open. The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019.
The aim of the one-week workshop is to build the capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies for achieving sustainable development objectives (SDGs), in particular Target 4.7, and to implement innovative initiatives to promote global citizenship and human rights. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the workshop enables young leaders to play an important role and become part of a wider environment.
During the workshop, participants will identify specific priorities for global citizenship and draw up plans for GCED’s future direction. The young leaders will develop objectives and strategies for use at local and national levels, both individually and in groups. Through information sessions, participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights and engage in dialog and discussions on changing issues. Participants will visit the field to discuss the role of young people in a more peaceful and sustainable future as part of the workshop.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Open to young people between the ages of 19 and 28 (born between 1991 and 2000)
- Applicants should be young people who are citizens of both the countries receiving the ODA and the Member States of UNESCO
- The Youth Leadership Workshop is taught in English, so applicants must be able to speak and write English. Otherwise, during the selection process, your application will not be considered.
Successful applicants stands to gain the following:
- During the workshop, APCEIU will provide accommodation, meals and local transportation for all participants.
- APCEIU will also cover the international round trip to and from Seoul, Korea. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
- At the end of the workshop, completion certificates will only be offered if more than 95% of the workshop program has been attend.
Application Process: Click Here
For further information: kindly Click Here