The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (AHSS) At the Queen’s University Belfast, is offering two international PhD scholarships in partnership with the British Council GREAT campaign.
The awards are open to students seeking to undertake a PhD programme. The scholarships will cover tuition fees for the first full year only of the PhD programme (each scholarship is worth £16,300).
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK, founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast. At Queen’s they offer a world-class education that prepares our students for leadership and citizenship in a global society.
Applications Deadline: 28th February 2019
Course Level: PhD
Study Subject: Scholarships for Postgraduate Research (PhD) in any subject offered in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
Scholarship Award: £16,300. These competitive awards will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the first year of a three year PhD programme at Queen’s.
Number of Scholarships: 2
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: To qualify for a China GREAT Award students must be classed as Chinese nationals.
- Students must not be in receipt of funding from any other organisation.
- Students must be in a position to commence their studies on Sept/October 2019.
- Awards cannot be deferred.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this scheme. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for international scholarships.
- Students must hold an offer of a place on a full-time programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2019-20 and meet any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
- Students studying on a part-time basis or on foundation degrees or distance learning programmes, or any other programme with non-standard fee rates are not eligible for these scholarships.
- Students seeking to undertake a PhD programme in any of the following Schools in the
Faculty: Arts, English, and Languages; History, Anthropology, Politics and Philosophy; Law; Queen’s Management School; Social Sciences, Education and Social Work.
To apply for the PhD awards, students must submit a PhD application to Queen’s through the online application portal before the 28th February 2019.
This must be a complete application including a PhD proposal. They recommend that students contact their desired PhD supervisor at Queen’s prior to submitting their application.
How to Apply: When submitting an application on the online application portal, please tick ‘I will apply separately to an external body’ then enter ChinaGREAT19 under ‘To which body do you intend to apply?’. It is critical that you insert this code in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants will be shortlisted on the strength of their academic profile and the quality of their research proposal.
- All students considered for shortlisting must have received an offer for PhD study by 22nd March 2019.
- Students must meet Queen’s academic and English entrance requirements- a minimum of IELTS 6.5 is required for most programmes.
- For students who have already applied to the University and who have been offered a place, please contact your local school administrator and your supervisor to advise that you wish to be considered for this award.
- If you have any questions or would like to receive a guide to writing a PhD proposal please email email@example.com and place ChinaGREAT19 in the subject of your email.