The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) was founded in 2003 and is a pan-African network of centers of excellence for postgraduate education, research and public involvement in mathematical sciences.
The AIMS network has five centers of excellence teaching a master’s degree in mathematical sciences, including an integrated work option in three centers with a direct link to industry. The network currently has 1682 alumni from 43 countries in Africa. The network also includes research centers and programs with 90 researchers, including six prestigious network-wide chairs. AIMS is also running a gender-responsive teacher training program in Cameroon and Rwanda.
Scholarship Description:In order to provide brilliant young Africans with state-of – the-art training in machine learning and its applications at campuses in Rwanda and Ghana, AIMS has launched an African Master’s Degree in Machine Intelligence-a fully funded one-year intensive graduate programme. The African Masters of Machine Intelligence will prepare well-rounded machine learning researchers by focusing on basic artificial intelligence research and developing a wide range of applications that meet Africa’s and the world’s current and future needs.
Course Level:Scholarships are available to any students pursuing a masters degree in artificial intelligence.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in for artificial intelligence study
Scholarship Award: a fully one-year intensive graduate program – to provide brilliant young Africans with state-of-the-art training in machine learning and its applications at campuses in Rwanda and Ghana.
Eligible Countries: Africans students are invited to apply
While the African Masters of Machine Intelligence offers a full scholarship, applicants must have the following minimum admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum average of B (or 80%) or better is required;
- Interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning and demonstrated in courses and projects undertaken;
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at your previous institution while enrolled at AMMI;
- Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation;
- Strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology.
Application Procedure: To Apply Click Here
Deadline: 28 February 2019