Application for the Vegetarian Resource Group for the scholarships for graduating U.S. high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities has commenced.
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given. Entries may only be sent by students graduating from high school in spring 2019.
The Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public on vegetarianism and the interrelated issues of health, nutrition, ecology, ethics, and world hunger.
Applications Deadline: February 20, 2019.
Course Level: These scholarships are available for graduating U.S. high school students.
Study Subject: These scholarships will be awarded in any field.
Scholarship Award: One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given.
Nationality: US applicants are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships: Three scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from the USA.
Entrance Requirements: The Vegetarian Resource Group each year will award $20,000 in college scholarship money to graduating U.S. high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities.
Entries may only be sent by students graduating from high school in Spring 2019.
When applying, include the following (Use additional paper if necessary):
- Name of Applicant
- Full Address of Applicant
- City, State, Zip
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Date of expected graduation from high school
- Grade average in high school
- College(s) applied/accepted to (Optional/ if known)
- Anticipated major in college
- Parents’ or Guardians’ names
- Parents’ or Guardians’ addresses
- City, State, Zip of Parents’ or Guardians’
- High school principal
- Name of one high school teacher
- Name of high school
- Address of high school
- City, State, Zip high school
- People in the vegetarian movement, if any, who know you (include contact information)
- Extracurricular activities (please describe)
- Favorite subjects in school
- How did you hear about the scholarship?
- submit an essay addressing the following
- How you promoted vegetarianism in your high school and/or community
- Your successes
- Your challenges
- What you learned/what you would do differently
- How you expect to promote vegetarianism in college and beyond
- Your future goals
- Your strengths
- Your weaknesses
- Your “perfect” life in five years
- Why you should receive this scholarship
- How you became vegetarian and why you are vegetarian
- How you define vegetarian
- Why vegetarianism is important to you
- What else is important to you
- What vegetarian foods you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
- What restaurants you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
- A copy of your transcripts or report cards for the past two years. (An official copy is not necessary. Photocopies of your report cards will suffice.)
- Three or more recommendations (including at least one teacher).
- Any documentation related to your promotion of vegetarianism in high school and/or community including photographs, newspaper stories, etc.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form and send application and attachments to The Vegetarian Resource Group, P.O. Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203. For more information call (410) 366-8343 or email email@example.com.